- 1 out of every 2 children in the world live in poverty
- 22,000 children die each day due to poverty
- 1.1 Billion people have inadequate access to clean water
- 2 in 3 of the poor live on less than $2 a day, 1 in 3 on $1 a day
- 2.6 Billion people lack basic sanitation
- Nearly 9 million children under the age of 5 will die needlessly, more than half of them from hunger-related causes.
Solving the problems associated with poverty in the world seems like an impossible mission, but just because we cannot solve every problem doesnât mean we cannot do something to help the poor. Westview Bible Church’s INSIDE-OUT YOUTH GROUP wants you to help them make MAKE A DIFFERENCE in the lives of others by supporting:
MISSION POSSIBLE 2014 HELPING OTHERS HELP THEMSELVES.
This year’s mission will be focused on ministering to poor tribal villages in the mountains of Northern Thailand. San Diego Christian College has partnered with Integrated Tribal Development Program to help alleviate the suffering that poverty brings upon the poor. ITDP helps villagers help themselves out of poverty by developing clean water, sanitation and a means to support themselves by cultivating Arabica coffee beans that are sold to businesses like Starbucks. This missions project is not just a HAND-OUT, but rather a HAND-UP out of poverty. The SDCC team provides both educational and spiritual ministry to the villagers as well sharing the life changing message of the gospel.